I have been an online student for several years now so I have a lot of experience in what it takes to pass the classes. I’ve compiled a list of some tips that have helped me.
Tips for Online Students
- Make sure you get an advisor. My school offers online advisors and it really helps with choosing the courses I need to complete my major.
- Print out all of your syllabi and read them throughly. It details what is expected out of you as a student and/or assignments that need to be completed.
- Make note of when your assignments are due.
- Keep up with your work. Don’t wait until the last minute to complete assigments. I speak from experience. Work can accumulate faster than you realize and an assignment you think will only take you 10 minutes can sometimes take 2 hours.
- Schedule a time to work on your classes. I try to at least work on one class a day ( I have 4 classes and a lab this semester).
- Take frequent breaks. This helps me whenever I’ve been working on something for hours. If you are stuck on a particular question, it helps to step away and clear your head.
I’m not saying that this is a complete list by any means. This is just what has helped me in becoming a better student. If there are any tips you’d like to add, feel free to leave me a comment!