How To Keep Your Resolutions This Year

0f49P2.md.jpg
It seems people always have the same New Year’s Resolutions: lose weight, workout more, eat healthier. But most people never seem to stick to those. Sure, it seems like a good idea to put all that pressure on yourself at first, but then after a few weeks you quickly realize that maybe you should have put down the eggnog and really thought things through.
I prefer less common New Year’s resolutions such as: smile more at strangers, without being creepy, of course, use less sarcasm when speaking to people, and try not to be a jerk when you’re having a bad day. Resolutions like that are not only beneficial for you, but for those around you also.
According to UBAmedicine.org, only about 8% of people actually keep their resolutions. The other 92% must either forget about their resolutions or that cake at the office was just too tempting to pass up. Whatever the reason, people just don’t make it past a month before they toss their resolutions to the side and go back to doing what they were doing the year before and the year before that, etc.
Most people make resolutions because they want to make other people happy. That’s never a great idea because you become so focused on disappointing someone else that you become miserable. And that’s no way to live. You don’t have to overdo it by eating bad food, but you can eat it in moderation. Just be sure you are doing it for yourself and not another person. Ultimately, you are the one who has to live with yourself.

If you are determined to stick to your goals, measure your progress, no matter how small. That way you can keep on track and when you look back over time you can see how far you’ve come since the first of the year. Make sure it’s something you can achieve. Don’t set a goal to lose 40 lbs in a month. Chances are, that’s not feasible. Set a smaller goal such as maybe 10 lbs.
So, say you made a resolution to go to the gym more, start by going once or twice a week for 30 minutes at a time, or even just 15 minutes at a time. And every week just keep increasing it little by little until you are where you want to be.
And I think most people can find little ways to eat healthier. You don’t really need that double- foam-triple-caramel-latte-full-fat-milk do you? Those drinks are so high in calories that you could probably cut out 1000 calories right there. At least cut down to maybe one or two a week. I know it’s not easy but it will be worth it if you really are determined to keep your resolution.
See, resolutions are not really difficult to keep if you know how to do it. Also,don’t be too hard on yourself if you fail. If you really want it, just keep trying and you’ll eventually get there. The key is to not give up and keep pushing towards your goal.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge